Privacy and Cookies Policy
An important priority of DigitalDarts.com.au (the “Website” or “we” or “us” or “our”) and “Related Blog Posts” (the “App”) is to abide by the law in relation to the privacy and handling of any collected data of its customers, visitors, users, and other individuals who use, engage or otherwise access the Website and/or App (altogether the “Users” or “you” or “your”). This Privacy and Cookies Policy (the “Policies”) informs Users of our policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information collected on the Website. It also contains details of steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information, and finally, how Users are able to access such information or contact us with questions or concerns.
2 What Types Of Information Do We Collect From You?
Whenever a User visits or engages with the Websites, or requests information about the services, DigitalDarts.com.au collects different types of information:
2.1 Generic Information
This is information we gather from Users in an automated fashion. Users remain anonymous to us and we cannot identify them personally. This may be done either by the collection of a simple visit, or specific preferred browsing activity on the Website or the App. At times, this may also be done through a third-party service, such as analytics and other similar tools.
Advertisements appearing on the Website are delivered to Users by us or from one of our advertising partners, and such partners may store cookies on your computer. The cookies are used for several purposes, such as delivering targeted advertisements that advertisers feel you may find relevant. Advertisers also collect additional information, such as the approximate geographical location of your computer. The Policies governs the cookies used by the Website and does not govern the cookies used by any other advertisers.
At times when using publicly available parts of the site, such as commenting on articles, you may optionally give out your Personal Information. You are encouraged to use your judgment and caution in giving out your information. DigitalDarts.com.au is not responsible for, and does not have control over, that disclosure. DigitalDarts.com.au is not liable in any way for anyone’s use or misuse of the information disclosed.
2.2 Identifiable personal Information
By accessing and using the Website you may need to enter some personal information in a form, subject to the type of service you require, or to use the App. You may also enter your information when subscribing to our newsletter. We also collect personal information you provide us when you enter any promotions or sweepstakes offered on the Website. Such information you share with us willingly includes the following:
- E-mail address
- Age/Date of birth
- Website URL
- Payment information
- Mobile and/or telephone number
- Shopify account URL and email used to register the Shopify account
How Do We Use The Information That We Receive From You?
- The identifiable information we gather is to provide you with information regarding our services, or to provide such services to Users that have already engaged with us.
- Your phone number may also be used to either communicate messages or information to you, or elicit your interest in some available offer.
- If you do not wish to be contacted through phone or through common modes of mail delivery like Postman or Courier, you can leave clear instructions by going to the contact page and doing so. However, you may still need to leave your e-mail address.
- A User’s e-mail address is not shared or displayed to anybody outside the Website.
- To combat online fraud, we also record your IP address and other generic information. Such information is received from your browser and recorded on our server logs, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- You consent to giving us permission for your information to be combined with information of other Users (without personally identifying you) and shared with our business partners or others.
- We shall also be entitled and authorized by you to send you administrative messages, as well as e-mail updates regarding your account, or any platform that you may have joined or visited or made contact with.
- Google’s use of various cookies serves ads to Users based on their visit to the Website and other sites on the Internet. Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google advertising privacy and terms. These cookies allow Google to provide ads to you, based on data regarding your Internet activity and browsed sites. Additionally, third party cookies may be used as well, pursuant to Google Policies. Users can opt out or change the settings of these cookies at https://adssettings.google.com/.
- We also use the services of DRIP on some of the forms available on the Website and for some email campaigns you consent to when subscribing to our offers or our newsletters. DRIP is fully compliant with all applicable new privacy regulations and you can access their privacy and cookie policies here: https://www.drip.com/privacy.
- We may be required to provide your Personal Information to third parties in order to deliver specific Services to you (such as support services or credit card payment processing). These third parties are required not to disclose your Personal Information and not to use your Personal Information for purposes other than to provide the services requested by us.
- Should a merger with acquisition by change of ownership or sale of assets to another entity occur, we reserve the right to transfer all User information, including names and e-mail addresses, to a separate entity. We will notify Users via message on this site or e-mail of such transfer, and Users may decide to alter their registration information at that time. This means that, should you be concerned with your Personal Information transferring to a new owner, you can cancel your account.
4. With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Except in situations described in the last three paragraphs directly above, we do not share your Identifiable Information with third parties. To provide the services and improve parts of our Website, some generic information is shared with third parties. To our current knowledge, these parties are fully compliant with all the latest privacy and cookie regulations.
5. How Do We Protect User’s Data and Information?
DigitalDarts.com.au is committed to making reasonable efforts to protect its servers and databases, using third party security and encryption software to protect and attempt to keep the confidentiality and privacy of Users’ information and personal data. Even so, Users hereby agree and acknowledge that the Internet is not a safe environment, and that there is no website or mobile application that is 100% secure, despite efforts made to prevent breaches or attacks. Therefore, User states to understand that, despite the efforts made by DigitalDarts.com.au, breaches may occur, and information may be accessed, shared, or used by malicious parties, depositing any sort of malware or malicious software in our servers that DigitalDarts.com.au does not have knowledge of.
Occasionally, parts of your information may be processed by a third party. Said party shall be obligated to uphold these Policies and to protect the sensitive and personal data of Users of the Apps and the Websites to the same or greater extent than the policies set out by DigitalDarts.com.au.
6. What Is Our Policy On Children’s Privacy?
For all applicable legal purposes, DigitalDarts.com.au construes anyone under the age of 16 to be a child. DigitalDarts.com.au does not knowingly collect the information of Children, and does not allow, encourage or otherwise sponsor the registration of minors under the previously stated age.
Whenever DigitalDarts.com.au becomes aware that delicate or identifiable information that has been collected is a Child’s, or has been submitted by a Child, DigitalDarts.com.au shall in a reasonable amount of time:
- Not disclose the collected information with third parties, nor use it for any purpose;
- Delete the personal information from its files as soon as possible; and
- Be available to the Child’s parents or legal guardian for any further requests regarding the collected information.
We do not willingly collect data from any child under the age of 16. If you become aware that we may have collected such data, you can inform us so we can proceed to permanently delete such information.
7. Are We Compliant With GDPR?
This section is meant to apply to Citizens of the EU or the EEA (including the United Kingdom) and grants Users additional rights regarding collected data. Notwithstanding, the aforementioned, Users which do not fall under the description of the previous sentence shall also benefit from these provisions.
7.1 Principles pursued
- As suggested by the GDPR, the amount of collected data has been kept to the minimum and just suffices the needs of DigitalDarts.com.au to satisfy users and provide the Services;
- DigitalDarts.com.au shall inform you through your provided e-mail address of any changes made to this section or to these policies;
- The system shall require you to affirmatively consent with these policies and the terms of service of DigitalDarts.com.au;
- As soon as DigitalDarts.com.au becomes certain of a data breach, we will send out an e-mail informing users about such breach;
- All notification, subscriptions, or other activities related to the service of DigitalDarts.com.au are set to the minimum by default.
7.2 Rights conferred
You may contact us through the contact form located at https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/contact to reasonably exercise any of the following rights:
- You may at any time request access to the data collected from you by DigitalDarts.com.au;
- You may request that the collected data be deleted pursuant to your right to be forgotten;
- You may request that your collected data is transferred to you in a digital and readable format, and if technically possible and feasible, the collected data be transferred to a different data collector, if such bridge where also technologically available; and
- You may require rectification regarding any information collected from you that contains mistakes or has been misconstrued.
Kindly allow our staff to respond to you in a reasonable amount of time for any e-mail sent to the aforementioned address, for any of the rights considered in this Section 7.
8. We Reserve The Right To Modify These Policies
DigitalDarts.com.au may occasionally amend, change, or update these Policies to either improve this section, or comply with new laws and regulations that may affect the handling, collecting and management of personal data. The changes to the Terms of Service or these Policies shall be informed through the User’s provided e-mail address.
9. Disclaimer for Residents of the European Economic Area
In compliance with applicable law of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we inform all Users residing in the EEA (or where regulation of the EEA applies), that your personal information may be transferred and/or stored at a geographic setting that is outside of the EEA, or where EEA regulations regarding privacy of data and information do not apply like within the aforementioned area. Additionally, your information may be processed by agents, staff or personnel of a supplier, agent, or affiliate/partner companies outside of the EEA; notwithstanding, DigitalDarts.com.au shall make reasonable efforts in order for the information and personal data under these Policies to be treated with care and in compliance with any rules regarding personal information of the EEA.
10. Do You Have Questions?