The Best Shopify Marketing App and Tools
Below is a list of Shopify marketing tools I’ve developed to help you get more traffic and sales to your Shopify store. Also included are my recommended options in deciding what Shopify app in a particular area is best for you. I am a certified Shopify marketing expert who has worked with a lot of stores and tried many apps. I hope the list helps you.
Shopify Referral and Affiliate Program App
Refersion is my recommend and most affordable app for a Shopify affiliate or refer-a-friend program. If you don’t have a referral program, you are losing money. Customers, YouTube stars, and bloggers will be more likely to review and promote your products once you get the Refersion app setup.
What I love most about Refersion is all your referral links point directly to your store domain. For example, a typical referral link is like:
yourstore.com/?rfsn=3242.dhad5. This has huge benefits in helping the SEO of your store by building its link profile. Other apps like Referral Candy do not help SEO because the links do not point to your store. The question mark part (query string) is not an issue if you have rel=”canonical” in your theme like most stores.
The second reason I love Refersion is if you move away from them in the future (you have no reason to right now!), old links still point to your store. I’ve seen traffic get cut off overnight when migrating platforms because the affiliate company hosts (controls) the links. This is how affiliate management companies hold you hostage to their software.
A third reason is your affiliates can link to any page they want. This means your affiliates can promote particular products or send traffic to email opt-in landing pages.
These are kickass reasons that make it the best referral program for Shopify. Sign-up to Refersion here. (Yes, that is my affiliate link. If you appreciate my insight, please sign-up through it.)
Most small Shopify stores are on MailChimp, which is a mistake. You need an email platform that lets you automate emails with the finest targeting based on user information, website behaviors, and purchase patterns.
Klaviyo lets you do the standard flows of cart abandonment, customer follow up, newsletter series, and anything you can think of: did a customer view a product for 5-minutes then fail to buy? You can automatically email them about the product and offer your support.
Setup is actually easy yet you have the naunces to develop highly advanced campaigns. One example is sending an email to customers who brought one of your bags 30 days ago and having this customer be synced with your Facebook Ads to deliver the same ad message.
I recommend you craft one new automated email in Klaviyo per week. The email platform is an investment for the lifetime of your store. You can sign-up for a free trial of Klaviyo here.
Two tools I developed to help improve the profitability of your advertising:
- Google Campaign URL Builder – Track any marketing campaign like Facebook ads or emails, in Google Analytics. I also developed a spreadsheet for you to track your UTM parameters so you know what each refers to.
- Adwords Match Type Tool – Quickly create various match types from your broad match keyword list for Google Adwords and Bing Ads. The right match-type is one of the best ways to improve your AdWords.
- Related Blog Posts Shopify app – Quickly and easily suggest related blog posts to your readers anywhere on your Shopify blog to improve readership and SEO.
- Link Research Tool – Find quality guest blog opportunities and places to get good links for better SEO and website traffic.
- Online Store Profit and Shipping Calculator – Free delivery is not always the best. Calculate how your delivery charges affect profit.
- Shopify Conversion Rate Optimization – My free book that is a complete guide to increasing sales, purchase frequency, and average order value from your store.
For more useful tools to market yourself online, see our article 21 Online Marketing Tools You Need to Use.