Google Ads Manager
Expressions of Interest
If you want to double the sales of online stores when your campaigns launch, work with small business owners who respect you as they turn to you for direction, and depart from an agency churn-and-burn model with poor freedom and room for growth, you have come across a job you will love for years.
We’re a small Australian marketing agency who helps Shopify stores worldwide get more sales. Digital Darts is Australia’s first agency focused on marketing to get into Shopify’s official Shopify Expert program. We’re also Google Partners and Facebook Business Partners. We’re also Microsoft Advertising Partners (but you know no one cares about that.)
You have the opportunity to work full-time from wherever you want growing ecommerce businesses that make the world better. We’ve been doing this remote thing 5-years before COVID shook the world.
Working at Digital Darts:
Our job at Digital Darts is to accelerate the growth of Shopify stores, mostly through paid advertising. We do it remotely so this is a remote position. Some of our staff have lived on remote organic farms or enjoyed working at home as new parents. You’re encouraged to embrace the freedom of working remotely. What this means for you is you:
- Get to attend family events that matter to you.
- Have passions outside of work.
- Spend time with friends.
- Keep fit and healthy. (Some of our loves are calisthenics, mountain-biking, basketball, and yoga.)
With the growth of our Google clients, we’re after a new Google Ads Manager. You will work with all that’s involved in Google search, shopping, and display plus YouTube Ads. Your work is about getting the most revenue at the target return on ad spend.
You are excellent at:
- Copywriting to squeeze out the most clicks from ad and extension copy.
- Feed optimization for shopping campaigns.
- Empathetic communication and reporting with clients. Periodic calls.
- Testing new features, using Google Ads Editor, running Google Ads scripts, and fully using the platform to maximize client profit. Google Ads is your domain you know inside-and-out.
- Self-management to get work done from home, manage multiple accounts, reflect on your performance, and openly communicate with our senior Google Ads manager. Transparency and responsibility is the backbone of successful collaboration.
- Minimum 2-years managing Google Ads accounts (ideally in an agency environment.)
- A thirst to master Google Ads. You study industry experts. If you do not have a curiosity to know everything about Google Ads, this position isn’t for you.
- Data-driven in decision-making. You know Google’s metrics and are able to spot problems.
- Genuine care for clients in maximising their campaigns and providing understandable reports. When clients stay on, you will earn more. You must be invested in each client’s business as if it were your own.
- Self-motivated when working from home, integrity, and responsibility. You are responsible for the performance of campaigns and will do so where you want. If you need a boss to push you, you will fail at this role. It’s vital you are self-driven and enjoy working alone, otherwise you will not be happy.
- Ideally Australian resident.
- A sound understanding of full channel ecommerce marketing and growth.
We offer benefits you’d expect from a top-performing company:
- Development. Learning is the life-force to performance. We allow $2000 per year and 2 conference or education days each year. The funds are used to quench our thirst for knowledge. (Online courses have produced a superior ROI compared to conferences.)
- Anniversary. Each year on your anniversary, you’ll receive a gift that ramps up over the years. We appreciate having you on our team.
- Health and wellness. Get $500 a year towards the gym or physical wellness activities.
- Equipment. A little monetary bonus for all-things physical in your work environment.
- Time off. We have mandatory time-off before Christmas into the New Year. Exact dates vary each year. Vacation time, sick leave, paid parental leave, and other Australian-standard types of leave are important to your well-being.
- Gathering. Once a year we gather in person to meet and have fun. In 2018 we all did our first Escape Room. We beat it.
- Freedom. Enjoy the freedom to work from home or a hot desk. Work whenever you want, but in the first month you will do Australian business hours. Go to the gym during the day, stay near family, and avoid the morning commute.
- Ownership. You will take ownership of client accounts then be paid accordingly and generously on a tier-system.
- Support. Receive daily support from ecommerce marketing experts. Be supported to grow your skills.
We want you to become a World-class Google Ads ecommerce specialist. That means paying accordingly and providing the right environment to thrive. If this interests you so far and you fit, please take the next step by completing the online application form.
Once you complete the form, please allow a few days for a response. Thank you for your interest in this position.